Ichik means “short” translated into English from Quechua (Inca's language), this hiking route is also known as Mini Huayhuash. This tour is designed for those people who don’t have much time and want to visit the most important places of the mountain range, in the four days we visit lakes as: Jahuacocha, Solteracocha and Rasac, and also have impressive views of mountains like: Yerupajá, Hirishanka, Rasac, Rondoy and others located in the west side of the mountain chain. This route has some great fishing opportunities in the above-mentioned lakes. The highest point of this circuit is Zambunya (4750m), from this pass you get a close-up view of the second highest mountain in Peru, Yerupajá, and its incredible 1100 meter west face, not to mention epic views of other neighboring mountains.
Duration: 4 days
Distance: 30 Km Approx.
Elevation: 3300 – 4750m
Itinerary at a glance:
Day 1: Huaraz – Llámac - Rondoy 4200m
Day 2: Rondoy - Zambunya pass 4750m - Jahuacocha 4070m
Day 3: Jahuacocha, day off or walking around Jahuacocha, Rasac and Soletracocha lakes or visit Yahucha viewpoint 4600m.
Day 4: Jahuacocha - Pampa Llámac pass 4300m - Llámac - Huaraz
• This circuit can also be done in reverse. For those who want to use public tranportation, the public bus deptars from Huaraz at 5:00 Am and arrives in Llamac at around 10:30 Am, so there is enough time to go all the way to Rondoy or Lake Jahuacocha. If you take a private car to Llamac, we recommend you depart very early.
Things to keep in mind:
• Before beginning this trek, it is essential to have at least one day of acclimatization. You can take one of the daily tours to the Llanganuco lakes, the Chavin de Huantar ruins (by car); or you can do day hike in the Cordillera Blanca around Huaraz.
• Bring a water bottle with you, in the summer season it can get very hot.
• Bring warm clothes along, because in the mountains the temperature can quickly fall below 0 °C, especially in the early morning, at night, and even when the sun drops behind the clouds.
• Walk at your own rhythm, breathe deeply, and enjoy the beautiful views of Cordillera Huayhuash.
If you are interested in this tour and/or you need further information CONTACT US
- Cordillera Huayhuash tours
- Classic Huayhuash circuit
- Shumaq Huayhuash
- Huayhuash - Raura
- Achalau Huayhuash
- Huanuco Marka - Huayhuash
- Munay Huayhuash
- Ichik Huayhuash
- Winter treks
- Trekking Season 2020
- JOIN NOW!